Welcome TO FRIARAGE
OUR Values and Ethos
Friarage school is a family and a team where everyone is given the challenge and support to be the best they can possibly be in a safe, welcoming and positive environment.
Children and staff will work and play together developing skills so that we all become ambitious and reflective life long learners as well as being respectful and respected members of the community.
WE ARE A RESTORATIVE PRACTICE SCHOOL
Restorative Practice in our school is underpinned by values of empathy, respect, honesty, acceptance, responsibility, and mutual accountability.
- The aim of this approach is to equip children in our school, with the skills and strategies they need, to manage their behavior in school.
- All children have the right to be heard and feel safe in school.
- We aim to make children more able to reflect on the impact of their behaviour on others, both positive and negative.
- We aim to give children skills for life so they are better able to manage conflict and “put things right” when necessary.
- We believe that it is the right of all our pupils to be educated in an environment free from disruption by others.
- All staff use “restorative practice” to ensure a consistent approach to managing behaviour in school.
- We believe that children will only grow spiritually, morally, socially and culturally when they see adults model and teach the skills and attitudes needed to meet this.
- We aim to work in ways that are respectful and engaging, so that all children develop understanding and empathy for the feelings of others.
Latest School Calendar Events
- Christmas-themed Maths Day01Dec2017
@ Friarage School
- Parents in school decorating classrooms04Dec2017
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm @ Friarage School
Latest Newsround stories
- The Big Question: Can we travel at warp speed?
We got Nasa to explain... and it turns out it's quite complicated.
- Little Mix pay tribute to Manchester Attack victims
Girl band join fans in tribute during show at Manchester Arena six months after the attack
- How the "loss of night" hurts us and the environment
Light pollution from lamp-posts, buildings and cars is getting worse, and scientists warn it's havin…
- MOTD Kickabout: What are the big football stories this weekend?
It's going to be another busy weekend of football. Hear about the clashes to watch out for on MOTD K…
- Jamie Johnson author hopes fans will make him write more books
Dan Freedman also says "it's a dream" to see them become a CBBC TV show.