Welcome TO FRIARAGE
OUR Values and Ethos
Friarage school is a family and a team where everyone is given the challenge and support to be the best they can possibly be in a safe, welcoming and positive environment.
Children and staff will work and play together developing skills so that we all become ambitious and reflective life long learners as well as being respectful and respected members of the community.
WE ARE A RESTORATIVE PRACTICE SCHOOL
Restorative Practice in our school is underpinned by values of empathy, respect, honesty, acceptance, responsibility, and mutual accountability.
- The aim of this approach is to equip children in our school, with the skills and strategies they need, to manage their behavior in school.
- All children have the right to be heard and feel safe in school.
- We aim to make children more able to reflect on the impact of their behaviour on others, both positive and negative.
- We aim to give children skills for life so they are better able to manage conflict and “put things right” when necessary.
- We believe that it is the right of all our pupils to be educated in an environment free from disruption by others.
- All staff use “restorative practice” to ensure a consistent approach to managing behaviour in school.
- We believe that children will only grow spiritually, morally, socially and culturally when they see adults model and teach the skills and attitudes needed to meet this.
- We aim to work in ways that are respectful and engaging, so that all children develop understanding and empathy for the feelings of others.
Latest School Calendar Events
- X Country Year 201Nov2017
3:45 pm - 5:00 pm @ Deepdale
- Writing Day06Nov2017
@ Friarage School
Latest Newsround stories
- Neutron stars: how they make gold in space!
For the first time scientists have been able to see and hear two neutron stars crashing together in…
- Orionid Meteor Shower: What is it and how can I see it?
This weekend sees the peak of the Orionid meteor shower, here's everything you need to know about it…
- Strictly: judge Bruno Tonioli is going to miss this weekend's show
Judge Bruno Tonioli will miss Strictly Come Dancing for the first time in 13 years
- Giant robots fight it out in epic battle
America and Japan have pitted two huge robots against each other in a crazy new sport.
- Guns in the US: Kids tell us what they think
We've been to meet two kids from the US who have very different opinions on the gun laws in the coun…